Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight?

Well I don't know if the Buffalo gals will come out tonight, but they were out today! I'm on a brief break from school until my summer class starts up, but had to venture into Freakland to turn in some paper work today. Now perhaps I've been too stressed and busy, but I haven't been seeing any blog worthy freaks lately, that's why I was so excited to find this little gem, sitting in the grass under a tree, there she was in all her glory. A little skater looking girl with a buffalo hat on. A buffalo hat you ask? Why yes, a buffalo hat, reminiscent of Fred Flintstone and his Water Buffalo hat.
*note not actual girl, but same hat*
Why in god's name would someone, a girl nonetheless, decide it was ok to wear a buffalo hat? Now, I'm certainly not one to preach, I'm not a girly girl, and can wear some odd things just because I damned well want to. But the urge to put on a buffalo hat has never struck me! I take that back...if I saw it in the store I'd put it on so my husband could laugh at me as I pretended to gore people. But, to wear the hat in any serious manner? Your name better be Fred Flintstone or He Who Wears Buffalo Hat of the Buffalo Hat tribe.

A picture of Fred Flintstone in his Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo regalia for reader reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment