Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Not quite a PDX freak. Tillamook Coolness

Since I don't start school until next week, I thought I should take this opportunity to get used to writing here. This one isn't really a "freak" but I just had to say something about it!

This weekend we were in Tillamook. Tillamook is a small coastal/farm town on the Oregon Coast. Now growing up in a small Oregon Coast town myself, I totally understand, and probably did stupider things, but this was just classic!

We had stopped at the Safeway for some snacks before we headed home. Where we spotted in the parking lot, in a big ole jacked up pickup truck, a teenage boy, totally blasting out to Billy Squier's The Stroke. For those who aren't versed with this classic, you can find it here The Stroke Now my husband and I had a good giggle, as this kid thought he was pretty damned cool. We went in, poked around, waited forever in line, and came back out, at least a good 20 minutes later, and guess what?? The kid was still rocking out to the same song! But now, he had decided to sit in the window of the truck in an effort to look extra cool! Way to go dude! You're just 20 years too late! Hell, Billy Squier was before MY time! I guess the 80's are back though right? Needless to say, I didn't see any hot teenage girls flocking around the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment