Monday, October 25, 2010

Doesn't really fit into a nice category...

Now I've not been slacking, I assure you. But the freak sightings just haven't been up to expectation lately. So with that in mind, today's may be a bit of a stretch, because she didn't quite fit the freak category.

A woman, in nice business casual wear sat across from me on the train this morning. Well dressed, well groomed, so I didn't pay her much attention. She started rooting through her big bag, like a pig after truffles, and that kind of caught my eye. She soon pulled out a big plastic bag (like the kind you put veggies in from the store) that was at least halfway full of pens. I'm kind of casually watching out of the corner of my eye now... She proceeds to test every single pen in the bag out, and then sorting them into 2 piles. I'm assuming the working and non working pens? I found this a wee bit strange that she had chose the train as the place to carry out this activity, but whatever. She then digs back into the bag and gleefully pulls out a metal nail file with a pointy end. She then, with great concentration and attention to detail, proceeds to clean out each and every fingernail. Hmm..That's something I usually attend to before leaving the house, but again, whatever. Then after the manicure, she then pulls out a toothpick! Yup, goes to town with that baby, her dentist must love her.

Now she seemed like a nice woman, smiled at people sitting down, helped a kid out with directions for stations, but her choice of things to do to kill time on the train was rather unique! I think she needs to ask Santa for an Ipod.

No other classes for the rest of the week thanks to an in-service. Whoohoo! Let's keep our fingers crossed for some good freak pickins next week. Maybe Halloween will bring some out?

No comments:

Post a Comment